In Nigeria, today, the youths make the majority in micro-enterprise category, as many have resorted to entrepreneurship as a strategy for jobs, with only a few youths succeeding as young entrepreneurs. This can be attributed to lack of training, access to funds & development support such as empowering policies. Looking at our present economic state, you’d agree, that we are in dire need of development strategies that would create new jobs, and support the growth of businesses.
Looking around, we noticed the Nigerian Government in recent time has begun taking into consideration, the growth and development of the youths in the different aspects of Economics, and Politics as a measure of harnessing sustainable national economic growth.
It is probably for this reason the Afterschool Graduate Development Centre, (AGDC) in Partnership with Bank of Industry (BOI) has initiated the “Youth Ignite” program in a means to create new jobs by promoting micro-enterprise. The program aims to offer support for one million entrepreneurs (1,000,000) over the next five (5) years to create five million (5,000,000) jobs.
- Support 1 million entrepreneurs to create 5 million jobs over the next 5 years
- Provide micro-enterprises with training
- Give out single-digit interest loans and ongoing support for 5 years
- Provide a platform of community change-makers, pioneers, and resource profiles to share information and peer feedback.
What you should do as an entrepreneur
- Carry out a feasibility study on businesses in your community or state, and devise an effective method to achieve better results.
- Initiate a solution to a problem in your community.
- Work towards achieving a business value from a skill you already possess, or are involved in.
How to apply
- Visit youthignite.ng
- Submit entries online, within the specified timeframe, and conform to the terms and conditions
Terms and conditions
- You must be of Nigerian Nationality.
- You must be between ages 18 – 35.
- Failure to verify age will result in declination of application.
- You must articulate a specific business problem to solve, or opportunity to address.
- You must be clear on the benefits of the loan.
- Employees of BOI, First Bank, AGDC, Digital Jewels Limited, etc. and their families are not eligible.
- The Judges’ decisions are final.