- The event must be real
- The article should be well-written, and we encourage grace as well as clarity.
- Postal materials such as banners must reflect the theme, date of event and organisers.
- The writer must have a principal engagement in the article.
- In submitting work to UNESCO Youth Forum Nigeria, authors agree to the policies of this portal, including free access, and use of the material published in it.
- Because UNESCO Youth Forum Nigeria relies on the generosity of scholars who contribute their time to review articles, we ask that authors ensure their articles meet the guidelines before submission.
- In sending work to the YCE Portal for possible publication, the submitter attests that the work is original and that he or she is the author/actor, that it has not been published, and that it is not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- You must accept the Terms and Conditions of the Portal.
- If you have any questions about whether your article is appropriate for YCE Portal, send it directly to the editor for a preliminary review (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Our submission guidelines have been carefully prepared to facilitate the editorial process of publishing articles online. Strict adherence to formatting guidelines (described below) has three purposes. First, consistent and uniform formatting allows the editors and reviewers to concentrate on the content of articles submitted. Second, it allows for reliable translation of authors’ formatting to the publication page. The third consideration is both aesthetic and practical: multiple stylistic formats are ugly and distracting on a web page and interfere with reading. Therefore, please observe the following formatting instructions carefully. Submissions which do not adhere to these instructions will not be published.
Formatting the Article
The article should be prepared according to the following guidelines:
- The length of the story should not be less than 200 words, butt should not exceed 600 words, including all requirements and notes. An article exceeding the length limit will not be published.
- Gallery submissions should have a short description of about 100 words.
- Each Gallery item should have a brief description.
- Event Specifics are in the following order, with each appearing on a single line: Date of Event/Duration, Event Theme, Event Location,
- At the beginning of the article, the title and Event Specifics should immediately precede the text. Any identifying reference in the endnotes should be left blank. Your submission would carry your profile information used in registering on the website.
- Please use section headings in bold type and number them. Because YCE Portal uses no page numbers, numbered sections will permit accurate references in citing the article.
- Font size should be 12-point Arial, whether in normal, bold, or italic, including endnotes. Please do not insert line breaks in the text or special spacing for formatting.
- The content must be focused on the engagement and its nature (e.g. advocacy, consultation…).
- The Content would clearly state challenges, the reason for the engagement, actions and outcomes.
- Strategy and approach of engagement should be discernible in content.
RIGHTS AND PERMISSION
It is the responsibility of the author to obtain permission for the use of any copyrighted material, including images, sound, and video files. It is preferable to place images directly in the text, but, when permission is unobtainable, it is acceptable to include a link to the image directly in the text.
Once you have prepared your Story/Gallery observing the formatting, ensure you select a category for your article and include tags that best fit the article. Thereafter, you accept the Terms and Conditions of the YCE Portal, then submit.
Note: Story or Gallery can carry embedded content from YouTube and Vimeo.
You may download the PDF version of the guidelines here.