UNESCO IICBA has launched a video campaign for the international youth Day.
Calling all youth! In celebration of International Youth day on August 12th, and as part of our Peace-building in the Horn of Africa and Surrounding Countries project supported by the government of Japan, we want to know what you are doing to build peace in your communities. Visit UNESCO IICBA Facebook https://www.facebook.com/iicba/ and post a short video (20 seconds or less), or photo with a caption (150 words or less) telling us how you are a peace builder, and your photo or video could be featured on our social media! Remember, if you are under 18, you must have your parent or guardian’s permission. Be sure to include your first name only and your country in your video/photo caption. Good luck! #YouthDay #Youth4Peace #ActOn2250 #PeaceBuilding #Peace #SDG4 #YouthEmpowerment #Education2030 #IICBA #CapacityBuilding Please feel free to share on your media outlets as well. Thank you for your support and assistance in finding participants for this video!
The detail process is as follows:
1) Use the wording below and record a video telling us what why/how you are a peace-builder in your community.
2) You are encouraged to use your mother tongue! If you use your mother tongue, please submit two videos: one in your mother tongue, and one in English.
3) Be sure that the videos are 20 seconds or less!
4) Email videos to email@example.com by 23:59 Wednesday, 2 August 2017
5) Be sure to include your name, phone number, and email address.
“Hi! My name is (First Name Only) and I am from (Name of Country Only). I am a peace-builder because I… (Tell us how you contribute to promoting or building peace).
What can you do to build peace?” (End with this)