Clear all

[Sticky] National Day of Action on the #NotTooYoungToRun Bill  

RSS

(@admin)
New Member Admin
26/07/2017 6:50 pm  

#NotTooYoungToRun

25-07-2017

As the Nigerian National Assembly prepares to vote on constitutional clauses from the 25th of July 2017, Nigerian youths embarks on a National Day of Action on the #NotTooYoungToRun Bill to mobilise support for the passage of the proposed amendment on age requirements for running for elective office. The National Day of Action began today at 8AM at the Unity Fountain, Abuja.

Section 9 of the 1999 Constitution as amended clearly outlines the procedure for amending the constitution. By virtue of that section, any proposed amendment to the constitution must be supported by two-thirds majority of all the members in the Senate and House of Representatives. Also, any amendment passed by the Senate and Hose must be approved by a resolution of not less than two-thirds of all the states.

THE NOT TOO YOUNG TO RUN AMENDMENT WILL REQUIRE AN AFFIRMATIVE VOTE OF A MINIMUM OF SEVENTY-TWO (72) SENATORS AND TWO HUNDRED AND FORTY (240) HONOURABLE MEMBERS. IT WILL ALSO REQUIRE AN AFFIRMATIVE VOTE OF 24 STATE ASSEMBLIES.

(@george-christopher)
27/07/2017 10:16 am  

One of the numerous steps so far for a better Nigeria. Hopefully this would produce something better because I can remember back then most of my friends would say "if I enter there, I go just chop my own" - I hope we don't produce youths that feel they have been totally cut out of the money sharing and hence, this is an opportunity to fill that gap because such youths- trust me, will be welcomed by the cabals

admin liked
ReplyQuote
(@kayuz)
28/07/2017 10:03 am  

Kudos to the people that kick-started this forum. The transformation starts from the renewal of our mind and that of the youths around us. That is why we need to come together, have a deep discussion and develop a means of renewing the mind of the youths on the street for a greater move and better future. Let us try as much as we can to bring people to this forum. Tell them to come and discuss their mind so that we can plan and work together. Kudos

ReplyQuote
Share: